CHRIST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
The Pastor shall be accountable to Hope Presbytery through the Session of Christ Presbyterian Church.
To serve the church by providing spiritual leadership, pastoral care, administrative oversight and organizational direction to the staff, leaders and congregation, with a broad program of worship, music, preaching, teaching and fellowship.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
2. Provide a solid biblically-based preaching and teaching ministry to meet the needs of the congregation and attract new members.
3. Plan and lead in worship, including:
- development of order of service;
- selection of music;
- administering the sacraments;
- development of seasonal events and services;
- weddings, baptisms and funerals.
4. Encourage and nurture the spiritual development and beliefs of the congregation.
5. Ensure that adequate pastoral care is provided for members of the congregation in times of crisis.
6. Provide counsel to those in need, work toward resolving conflict, train and encourage leaders to lead.
7. Instruct new members classes and facilitate the assimilation of new members into the life of the church.
8. Work with lay leadership and staff in developing the mission and ministry for the church and fully communicating it to the congregation.
9. Moderate the Session, provide assistance as needed to committees.
10. Encourage the creativity of staff members to develop a well-rounded ministry for spiritual growth, fellowship, evangelism and mission.
11. Administer the program of the church by leading, directing and supervising multiple part time staff members.
12. Lead regular staff meetings for team-building, sharing, planning and communication purposes.
TERM OF SERVICE
To be determined by mutual consent of the Transitional Pastor and the Session.